News and Announcements
Every year, players of all ages in all sports receive concussion injuries during games and practice. Characterized by an impairment of the brain’s normal function and caused by violent shaking or jarring of the brain, concussions may cause alterations in cognitive function, vision, eye movement, facial movement, or speech. Contrary to popular belief, no helmet in any sport can prevent a concussion.
Please visit the Health and Safety Information Page to learn more about what KMLA is doing in regards to concussions for the upcoming 2021 season. https://www.teampages.com/clubs/2648/pages/180636
Here is a great video to help understand concussions and concussion management for players. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_55YmblG9YM
The document KMLA_Concussion_Policy.pdf was attached to this post.
If you are interested in coaching for the upcoming 2021 Box Lacrosse season, please make sure to check out the Coaches page to ensure you have the necessary requirements in place before April 1.
Coaches Page : https://www.teampages.com/clubs/2648/pages/75465
Click on the link below to see details and register for the upcoming 2021 Box Lacrosse season.
***Please note that we are NOT accepting payment at this time. Payment amounts are subject to change based on what the season will look like. However early bird prices will be based on the date you register, so don’t delay.
Congrats to Austin Krug and Connor Barrett on signing letters of intent to play college lacrosse in the USA! Austin has signed his letter to play Division 2 lacrosse at Montevello University in Alabama and Connor will play Division 1 at Mount St. Mary’s University in Maryland
The Rattlers Team Store is now available!
1. Follow this link to the Rattlers Store: https://xtremestore.ca/collections/rattlers-lacrosse
2. Ensure you carefully pick your size. Items are made to order, no returns.
3. You MUST choose ‘STORE PICKUP’ for the Delivery Method. No orders will be shipped.
- The whole association order will be picked up at x-Treme Threads by a KMLA board member. Clients will then receive a date and time when their order will be available for pick-up in Kamloops.
4. The Rattlers Team Store CLOSES on October 5th. No orders will be accepted after October 5th.
5. The following logo will be printed on each item, except for the hats and/or toques:
- Due to the limited printing area on the hat and/or any other small item, the ‘Kamloops, BC’ may not be printed.
6. KMLA would like to thank x-Treme Threads for the Rattlers Team Store and website creation. We would also like to thank you for your order! x-Treme Threads will provide a 10% kick back on KMLA sales before taxes, which will apply in the form of an association credit towards uniforms, other apparel or coach gifts.
7. Any orderings questions, please contact Karen von Hollen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 778-586-0515.